Stamberger Outreach Consulting has extensive experience with informal and formal environmental education programs for youth and adults. Our experience ranges from student-built rain gardens at schools and virtual EE, to Master Gardener education and college level environmental science courses. We emphasize culturally relevant and hands-on education.
Primary education topics include: non-point source pollution reduction, riparian enhancement, stormwater management, wildlife habitat, natural gardening, native plants, invasive plants, water conservation, and pollinator conservation.
We also have expertise in demonstration project design and implementation.
Examples of our environmental education work include:
- Tualatin River Educational Experience (TREE) Program | Clean Water Services (2016-2020) Hands-on, place-based, bilingual watershed education field trips for middle school students in Washington County, in partnership with Friends of Trees, 350 students per year, created video field trips and online activities in 2020. See more here.
- Watershed Health Education Program | Clackamas County Water Environment Services (2014, 2015) Engaged over 2,000 high school, middle school and elementary school youth in in-classroom presentations about watershed health, and hands-on stormwater management projects at their schools, reducing stormwater runoff by 2.4 million gallons per year. See more here.
- Environmental Science Course | Art Institute of Portland (2015) Taught full-term college level environmental science course
- Public natural gardening workshops | WSU Extension, OSU Extension, East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District, Clark Public Utilities (2012-2016) Topics included: rain gardens, naturescaping, water conservation, wildlife habitat
- Stormwater Stars Workshop Series | West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (2014-2018) Co-developed and implemented hands-on workshops for reducing generation of stormwater runoff on challenging sites in West Multnomah County. Included design workshops, hands-on installations, and program evaluation. Developed in partnership with Maria Cahill. See more here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.