Stamberger Outreach Consulting provides meeting facilitation services, teaches community environmental workshops, and coordinates events. At Stamberger Outreach, we believe people learn new things through hands-on experience, social interactions, and examples we set for each other, as well as classroom presentations. We provide evaluation of all of our work.
We are experts at bringing communities together to learn from and encourage each other to make changes that benefit the environment and the livability of shared neighborhoods. We use Community Based Social Marketing techniques at our workshops and other community events to increase participation and public awareness, gain commitments to trying out new behaviors, collect community feedback and behavior data to make our programs more effective.
Our experience with facilitation, workshop presentation and event coordination includes:
- Artful Facilitation Training with Resolutions Northwest, Portland, Oregon 2016
- Volunteer with Resolutions Northwest to help facilitate community meetings, Portland, Oregon 2016
- Facilitated 1-day Friends of Trees strategic planning retreat, 2015
- 35-Hour Basic Mediation Training with Resolutions Northwest, 2015
- Co-facilitated 3-day Equity, Diversity and Inclusion retreat for Friends of Trees with Center for Diversity and the Environment, 2015
- Participated in the Environment 2042 Leadership Program with Center for Diversity and the Environment, 2014-2015
- Coordinated a 5-day community engagement conference for 100 young Southeast Asian environmental leaders in Siem Reap, Cambodia with Cultural Vistas, International
- Taught community engagement and program evaluation workshops for Confluence Environmental Center, AmeriCorps, Portland, Or 2013-2016
- Stormwater Stars program: developed, taught and evaluated hands-on stormwater best practice workshops since 2013 with partner, Maria Cahill GGLDS Inc.
- Taught rain garden and naturescaping workshops for East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District, 2013-2015
- Taught native plant, drought tolerant landscaping, rain garden, and backyard habitat workshops for OSU and WSU Extension Services
- Developed and taught hands-on in-classroom and field lessons on watershed health to high school and middle school, Clackamas County Water Environment Services
- Coordinated ACE (Adult Conservation Educators) NW collaborative regional group of more than 50 partners, including leading meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, managing group documents online, 2013-2014
- Developing and taught workshops to encourage environmentally friendly gardening practices, including rain gardening, naturescaping, natural lawn care, natural pest control, downspout disconnection and backyard wildlife habitat for City of Gresham
- Coordinating neighborhood rain garden raffles, bike tours, and installation block parties to raise awareness of rain gardens and bring neighbors together to learn about rain gardens hands-on, City of Gresham
- Scheduling, coordinating and advertising events, including direct mailings, newspaper and online advertisement, sponsors, donations, catering, door-prizes and raffles, etc., City of Gresham
- Coordinating and leading volunteer tree planting, invasive weed removal and other restoration maintenance activities, City of Gresham
- Coordinating large-scale neighborhood block parties including landscaping tours, scavenger hunts, vendors and tables from other organizations, City of Gresham
- Presenting and tabling at community events including neighborhood association meetings, information fairs, farmers’ markets, garden club meetings, and other community group events, City of Gresham